This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Parts list for upcoming Big Dummy...

Here are the random parts that I have accumulated over the past couple months for another project, to now go towards the future Big Dummy. If the frames ever come back into stock. Parts:

-Truvativ Fire X crankset with BB
-Avid BB7 with SD7 levers
-Sram X7 shifters
-Sram X9 rear derailleur
-Bontrager big sweep handlebars with matching stem
-Sun Ringle singletrack wheelset
-Maxxis Crossmark tires 26x2.1
-WTB speed v or SDG tifly saddle (leaning towards the cush of the WTB)
-Shimano XTR or Shimano clipless/flat pedals (leaning towards the combo pedal)

Parts that I still need:
-double length chain
-Seatpost (leaning towards Thompson)
-Headset
-Cassette
-Front Derailleur
-All necessary cables

I think this will be a very functional build kit, I am really excited about the wheelset, such a great local craigslist score. Eventually they will hold either a Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 or Schwalbe big apples 26x2.35. Basically for this build I have been trying to save some cash by using parts that I already have, hence the randomness. Hopefully I can score a frame before too much longer, looks like it is going to be around November. Patience....

No comments:

Post a Comment