This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Project Puffin

After the mountain bike trip, I packed my bags and headed off to Maine to work with Project Puffin. For two weeks I lived on an island called Matinicus Rock, which was around 20 miles off of mid-coast Maine. Very cool and amazing experience. Lots of cool birds:

Atlantic Puffin
Razorbill
Common Murre
Black Guillemot
Common Eider
Common Tern
Arctic Tern
Double Crested Cormorant
Great Cormorant
Wilson's Storm Petrel
Leech's Storm Petrel
Manx Shearwater
Northern Gannet
Red Necked Phalarope
Black Backed Gull
Herring Gull
Ring Billed Gull
Laughing Gull
Black Headed Gull

After two weeks plus an extra day due to weather, I caught my plane back to Ohio, worked for a week, then it was off to upper Michigan for a week of vacation. As you can see, busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment