This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Riding Along...Day 2.

Another cold morning out on the bike. This project might be a little harder than I thought, as I had absolutely zero motivation to leave my warm bed for the icy dark coldness that waited for me outside. After piling on the layers, I was out the door, and trying to find a comfortable cadence to warm my spirit. Just like with running, the first mile or so is the worst, but then the body starts to warm, and the ride is actually quite pleasant. Temperatures were in the low 30s this morning, which is warmer than yesterday, but not noticeable at all. Once you are below freezing, the temperature is just cold. I'm sure if someone from Alaska or even Wisconsin read that I would be called a pansy, but go easy on me.


Lights are essential for morning rides this time of year, and by the photo above, you can tell I am lacking in that department. The headlight is a small LED from Harbor Freight that cost around $7. Not too bad, it actually covers the entire trail with a dull glow. That matched with my headlamp, makes it a little easier to see on the bike path. But it is more of a "hey, I'm a bicycle!" style light, not a true headlight. So, yesterday, I ordered one of these:


The Magicshine 808, claimed at 900 lumen. This light gets great reviews, so I pulled the trigger and finally ordered one. I have been debating a "real" bicycle light for about a year now, and finally one is on it's way to live on my On One Mary bars. This just might make this little experiment of mine go a little easier.



Always good to start your day with a bike ride and some bluegrass.

Ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment