This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just Riding Along... Day 7.

Continuing the theme for night rides tonight. Temperature in the low 30s, but luckily no rain. Tonight also brought out the HaroX instead of the T500. I feel very fortunate to be able to switch from bike to bike when ever the feeling hits. Today's ride was filled with lots of thinking about what new bike or frame to buy, but then all the thoughts came to a head with, "Be happy with what you have, that you have options." With that said, here is some bike lust for you:

Jones steel diamond frame and unicrown fork

Thanks to the current issue of Dirt Rag, this is my new bicycle obsession. Jones bicycles, you might have heard of Jeff Jones before? Let's be honest, you probably have not. He is a custom frame builder, building rigid specific frames and forks, that are meant to be ridden hard. His most noticable work would probably be this:

Jones titanium Spaceframe with truss fork

Back to Dirt Rag. In their latest issue, they have a review of the diamond frame, and from the write up, I would love to have one. I will be honest, most of Jones's products are out of my price range, but the steel diamond frame could be built for a decent price. I won't go into too many specifics, but check out Jones's website for more information. If anything, there are some amazing photos and lots to read. And be sure to check out Dirt Rag's website, lots of good stuff going on over there in Pittsburgh.

Anyway, tomorrow brings another day of riding. It has been one week straight, 3 more to go. I am sure it will be another day of thinking while on the ride, and being thankful that I have options. And also thankful that I can spin on two wheels...

If you are on Twitter, I am posting links to the Map My Ride stats @codsow. Check it!

Photos from Jones Bikes.

Ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment