This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just Riding Along... Day 21.

Today's ride was supposed to start at 5am. Every night, I set my alarm about three different times, all around 3 minutes apart from the next. This morning, however, 5am came a little earlier than expected, and since there was a steady downpour, I was back to sleep in a hurry. I do enjoy riding in the rain, but a warm toasty bed is hard to leave for the cold, wet pavement. So I hit the snooze button.

This was a blessing in disguise though. The rain cleared, the sun started to peek through the remaining clouds, and the temperatures hovered around 60 degrees. Not your typical Ohio December weather. With a couple errands to run, and the favorable weather, I loaded up my daughter in her trailer, and off we went.


The weather at the start of the ride was a little gloomy, but soon at our destination of the Little Miami river, the sun came out, and we hung around the bridge for a bit. Due to the recent deluge of rain, the river was running high:


After hanging out on the bridge, it was time to head back into town and finish our Christmas shopping. Downtown Milford has a variety of stores to fill any need that you might have. Our destination was the local outfitter Roads, Rivers, Trails. They have a great shop in the heart of downtown, with quite the variety of gear to suit pretty much any need that you would have. Great shop that I highly recommend. After picking up our gift, it was home for lunch.

This was a great way to still get my daily ride, and include my daughter as well. She loves being on the bike, and this was our first "real" ride utilizing the trailer. She seems to be comfortable in it, and it did keep her entertained as well. It was also more of a leg workout than I thought it would be, pulling all of that extra weight. What little climbs that I encountered woke up the leg muscles really fast. I look forward to using the trailer a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment