This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eastfork State Park

So week number two of putting the Haro Mary through it's paces in the woods. Every time I am on it, I am reminded how much I enjoy mountain biking. It was silly of me to stay away from it for as long as I did. Stupid road bikes. Anyway, East Fork is a solid trail system. If you ride everything, out and back, it is around 15 miles or so. Not too bad for the Cincinnati area. The trail is broken into 3 segments. An easy loop, intermediate loop, and the out and back "Tech Trail." Not much elevation gain or loss, but the last section does have some tricky, technical sections, and a few climbs. Nothing too crazy though, I am running a 32x16 single speed gearing, which is perfect for this trail. After clearing every technical section this trail had to offer, I then clip a sapling on an easy section, tossing me off of my bike into the brush. This trail can be tight and twisty. Also, lots of roots. I felt quite beat up after riding the trail on a rigid single speed.

I have to say, I am really happy with the Mary. It is a solid bike. A very solid parts spec for the price point. Also, the Mary handlebars really give an advantage to climbing. It takes the pain out of single speed, out of the saddle climbs. No longer are you sawing your way up the hills using only your biceps, but the bar angle makes you use your core, which has a little more stamina, at least in my case. These bars are awesome, and I think I am going to buy another set. Here's a link: Mary handlebars.

No comments:

Post a Comment