This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Landen Deerfield mtb trail

Today, switched the wheelset on the new Mary, and headed out to a new trail. Landen Deerfield, a county park in Warren county, just around 25 minutes from my house. This is by no means a "destination trail." Just around 2.2 miles of single track. But, what awesome single track it is! CORA (Cincinnati Off Road Alliance) has done a great job building this trail system. Lots of things going on, rock sections, flowing single track, creek crossings, and tight turns. This trail is pretty impressive, packed into just a 45 acre area. This was a trail that I did not mind riding laps of. Since I had never been there before, my first lap was a bit of connecting the dots. Luckily, I ran into a group of 3 other riders, who kindly showed me around the area. I had forgotten how nice it is to ride with other people! Good times!

Also, it should be noted that this was the Mary's first ride in the dirt. She did wonderfully. The On One Mary bars worked way better than I imagined. They really make things a little easier on the climbs. One thing though that I am not a fan of is the stock Mary fork. I had a hard time at the start just keeping the front wheel tight in the fork. Plus it looks a little cheap. I think a Salsa replacement is in the future...

After the ride, I came home to a fresh sixer from my wonderful wife. Tap Room No. 21 pale ale. Never had it before, my wife bought it just because it was on sale. For the price, its a solid, cheap, pale ale. Not the best, but not too bad. Such a great day! Ride, drink, be happy, and repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment