This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Broken Frame :{



It is always important to clean your bicycle after a ride. Usually, I spray the bike off with a low pressure hose, then wipe everything down with a clean rag. Afterward I will detail the drive train. Today, after deciding to sell my beloved Gary Fisher Rig, I thought I would give it the proper clean send off. While doing this, keep in mind, the rig has sat in the back of my bicycle area due to me spending more time on the road, I found another crack in the frame! I say "another," because this is the second frame that I have had of this model. My first, original, frame broke while I still lived in California, then I brought it back to Ohio and got my new frame. This was all about a year and a half ago. Now, frame number two, broken in the exact same spot. This is a common problem for this make and model, but it is very frustrating that I have been riding more on the road than the trails, and I have only been on this bike about ten times since getting a new frame. This is unacceptable! Needless to say, I will not be selling this bike now. Hopefully Mr. Fisher will keep up with their fantastic customer support, and turn this into a positive experience.
Now though, I am pricing new parts to convert this bike to gears, so once I get a new frame I will have a practically brand new ride! For all of the hassles, it might just turn out pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment