This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beer:30... Smuttynose Baltic Porter.


Smuttynose Baltic Porter. This is a beer that I have wanted to try for some time now, finally had the chance the other day. Since dark, heavy porters are one of my favorite styles, it was inevitable that I would have to try this one out. And after just one bottle, I will say that this beer is going to be a staple in my arsenal.

Part of their "Big Beer Series," this beer is only available is the larger, single bottle. Once opened and poured into your glass, it pours super dark with a decent sized tan head. The beer has a sweet smell of malts and chocolate. The taste follows suit, with added coffee flavors and a hint of vanilla. Lots of flavors are happening here, I will admit probably some that I am missing, but it is never overwhelming, it all balances nicely. This beer is an absolute pleasure to drink.

Thankfully Ohio is one of the 19 states that Smuttynose ships to. After this beer, when I see the brand I will be picking it up. Well done Smuttynose!

Be sure to check out their site here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment