This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beer:30... Dogfish Head Chicory Stout.

I will be the first to admit, that Dogfish Head out of Delaware is not my favorite brewery. My main reason is that I feel that they are a little overpriced, especially for the random, eclectic mix of brews that they produce. I know, you get what you pay for, but in my opinion I feel that there is little "bang" for my buck. Anyway, after that little disclaimer, enter their Chicory Stout:


This stout is interesting. Chicory is one of those flavors that you either love or hate. Luckily, I like it, hence the purchase of this random stout. Anyway, the beer pours like a stout should, nice and dark, but with a little more head than you would expect, with a nice unexpected off white coloration to it. Smell hits your nostrils with hints of coffee, roasted malts, and of course the chicory. Taste really follows suit with the smell, with a bit of bitter chocolate tossed in as well. Overall, not a bad beer.

This is a good beer, but I will say that the price makes me not want to buy it again. It is good, but not exceptional. For it's price of $8.99 for a 4-pack, it should deliver, and it does not. The price would be fair for a 6-pack, but I will stick with a variety of other stouts the next time the craving hits. Sorry Dogfish Head, its not you, its me.

Cheers!

In other news, this has been brought to my attention:

Not sure if you knew, but God spells music Clutch.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment