This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just Riding Along... Troll complete!

Finally, after about a year of debating, pondering, comparing, and lusting, the Surly Troll is now complete. This has been a long process, but I am very excited and satisfied with the big decision to pull the trigger on this amazing frame. After first seeing a few years ago, (here) then came the rather annoying comparisons, (here and here) the Troll is now complete and I am done with bike building for a while. That said, here are a few pictures:


Pacer decals in black, on the Ford blue powdercoat.

Drivetrain.

Just a few quick pictures from today. Not much time to take a ride this evening, just a quick spin around the block. Who knows when the trails around here will finally dry out (or freeze) so I can test this beast out in the woods. Hope to get some real saddle time in this week.

Plans for the Troll already. Once the rear rack I am wanting comes back into stock, I will be able to hit the road on some off road overnight trips. I am also thinking about some sort of frame bag, maybe just a partial, to increase my carrying capabilities. Another purchase that will happen probably next week will be a set of road tires for commuting purposes. Still on the fence as to what model, but I am sure they will be big. That's how the Troll rolls right?

Just keep spinning...

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Congrats on the completeness of it. It looks awesome. I'm jealous of the powder coat job. I can't justify the cost just yet. I roll Schwalbe Big apples on mine for road use. They look nice and fat with all that clearance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Derrick! I am contemplating Big Apples for road duty, but also Maxxis Hookworms only because they will fit. I am really digging it so far, great frame as I am sure you know!

    ReplyDelete