This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Riding Along... New Year's resolution.

This year, I decided to make a few resolutions. One of which had to do with my unicycle. I want to be able to ride it. At the moment, I am pretty bad. And by bad I mean not good. So, why not make it a goal to be able to ride it? Sounds good to me.

Since this winter has been non existent here in SW Ohio, it has given me more time outside, and that means more time to mess with my horrible balance issues. Uni-cycling has been a little harder than I could imagine, but this is coming from a guy who cannot ride a bicycle too far without his hands on the handlebars. Anyway, I picked up my unicycle on the local Craigslist this past summer, and put a little time into it, but I always felt like I needed more rubber underneath me. Thankfully, that rubber came into town the other day. Enter the Maxxis Hookworm:


This tire is 1.95" wide, which it looks a little bigger than it really is. Compared to the last tire that I had on this bike, it is a huge upgrade. And surprisingly, there is still room to spare on the frame, so eventually I will be searching for off road sized tires once I can ride this thing. That is the goal, or resolution, to be able to ride this bike well enough this year, to take it off road. That sounds like a good time.

Stock tire, around 1.75" wide.

Just keep spinning...

No comments:

Post a Comment