This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just Riding Along... February what?

Perfect weather today for a bike ride with my little lady. Spent the late morning on the T500 pulling the trailer on the Little Miami scenic path. Temperature hovering around 60 degrees on February 1st? Crazy, but I am not complaining.


A few more new pieces on the T500 were put into use today. Not too long ago, I picked up a couple sets of panniers from the local Craigslist. Today, I only used the smaller of the two, and they worked as a pannier should. I think though, that they will be a better fit on a front rack since they are a bit smaller, so I ordered a set of these for that purpose:

Salsa Down Under rack, pic from Salsa's site.

Also, still relatively new is the Brooks B17 Narrow, which I am really liking so far:


I am really liking how the T500 is coming together. A couple more smaller purchases will make it more complete, and ready to hit the trail for an overnight trip. Pulling weight, and being loaded down, the bike is really stable and comfortable. That is to be expected from a tried and true touring bike. Definitely one of the better cycling purchases that I have made in my lifetime.

Not a long ride today, but it was extremely nice to be out and about. Then, with around two miles to go, I felt the familiar feeling of a rear flat tire. Normally not an issue on the trail, but definitely an issue with a toddler in a trailer and no spare, patch kit, or hand pump and it is lunch time. At least it was nice for a walk. That's the great thing about cycling though, a small little ride turned into an adventure. That is what it's all about.

As for an update on the Troll, I have been back-ordered. Supposedly, I will be getting my frame sometime in March. Boo.

Just keep spinning...

No comments:

Post a Comment