This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just Riding Along... Day 18.





Quick ride tonight, in between working from home. Sometimes my job requires me to work at home, usually in the evenings. Some people work from home all of the time, for example being stuck behind a computer. (Like I am right now...) My job is a little unusual. My working from home equals bringing a baby bird home and feeding it through the night. Usually just a couple feedings, but interesting nonetheless. Tonight's bird flavor is something that I have never worked with before, and due to the fact that it is only a couple days old, and the zoo has not released it as of yet, I will keep that under wraps. Soon enough I will post some pictures.

Nice ride tonight, very clear sky with a mild temperature. Lots of stars out, with visible constellations such as Orion, Cygnus, Cassiopeia, and Jupiter hanging high in the sky. I need to get out more and appreciate the heavens a little more often. At one time in my life I could name just about everything in the night sky, but due to not using it, I have very little left. Another thing I need to add to the list...

One interesting thing to note from tonight's ride: While riding on the road getting ready to turn into the bike path parking lot, a car honked at me. Clearly, with my hand signal, and waiting for the oncoming traffic, AND being right at the trailhead, this car became upset that it had to wait about 7 seconds. Seriously? Relax people. Don't be in so much of a rush, 7 seconds is not enough time to catastrophically ruin anything. Except a hand grenade.

No comments:

Post a Comment