This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just Riding Along... Day 15.


Today's ride was of a different pace. I have been putting in some miles here lately, and my tires have taken the brunt of it all. Yesterday's rides both had flats, on both the T500 and the HaroX. So for today's ride, Big Red got the call from the bullpen.

Not much on the mileage today, just had enough time to run a couple errands on Big Red. It has been a month or two since Big Red has seen any action, but as usual, pull the bike off of the rack and ride. Nothing ever really needs fixed or tuned, just pick it up and ride. Maybe since it is a beater bike, I just don't care to fix it up, but it sometimes is the most reliable bike in my stable. But it always is one piece away from a total catastrophe. That is part of the appeal though.

Today's errands had me down to the local bike shop, Bishop's Bicycles. Picked up a couple tubes for the busted bikes, and chatted a bit about the allure of a Brooks saddle. I can see a B-17 in my future for sure. From there, it was off to pick up some photos and then back home. Only around 3 miles today, but it was still time on the bike. Tomorrow morning, back at it. Half way down...


No comments:

Post a Comment