This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just Riding Along... Day 11.

Coldest morning to date, finishing with a more complete frozen beard.



This morning was the most clear that it has been since I have started my month of biking. I probably could have ridden with out using my light due to the super bright moon. But, it gave me a chance to experiment with the settings/placement of the Magicshine to get the optimal light "throw."

While riding today, the T500 has been making some interesting noises, mostly from the bottom bracket. If it is starting to go, it should not be a costly repair, but it probably is due for replacement. Shimano square taper bottom brackets are a dime a dozen at the bike shop.

This got me thinking of different bikes, and I stumbled across an interesting one:
This bike is from the site Bike Nashbar. It is called their steel commuter. This is basically what I want the T500 to be. Internal 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub laced to heavy duty 36h rims, lugged(!) steel frame, 700x38 road tires, fenders and a rack. Not too bad, especially since Nashbar throws out amazing sale prices from time to time. I will be watching for this one to drop a little more.

Are you seeing a pattern yet? I ride my bike, and think about other bikes? It is a never ending cycle... no pun intended.

Ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment