This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beer:30...Yuengling Lager.

When you think of a lager, what do you think of? Here in Southern Ohio, I would assume that you think of Budweiser. Hopefully, starting this month, you will now start to think about what Budweiser strives to be. Enter Yuengling:


Yuengling has roots. Deep, deep roots. The oldest brewery here in the USA, Yuengling has figured out how to brew a lager. Normally lagers do not get me all excited, but this beer is a little bit different.

For starters, you could not get it in Ohio. When I first tasted Yuengling, it was a rare treat from the East. Now, you can find it everywhere here in Ohio. At first this gave me some mixed feelings. I assumed that the quality would be less due to producing more to satisfy demand. But after having both canned and from the tap, I can assure you that this is the beer that you know of from other lands. As I stated above, this is the beer that Budweiser wishes it could make. And who knows, it probably was until they discovered rice.

For the taste of this beer, it is a classic lager. Nice colored amber beer, with a subtle sweetness to it, and a clean, nice smooth finish. This is what a lager should be. Since it is available here in Ohio now, this is my go to garage or summer time beer.

Anyway, welcome to Ohio Yuengling. Thanks for coming, and enjoy your stay!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment