This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Free bike!

Since I am the official bicycle geek at my workplace, I get to do random maintenance projects on friends' bikes. This latest project, has made me extremely happy:


This is a 70s or 80s Sears and Roebuck Ted Williams edition road bike. A friend of mine actually found it on the side of the road in someone's garbage. He decided to pick it up and see if I could do anything with it. Fifteen dollars later, he has a road worthy single speed! Granted, I did not do anything too fancy with it, for example, I left the cassette on the freewheel, and also I left both chain rings on the crank. But for this build, it does not matter. What matters is that it is ride-able, for extremely low money. All you need is a new chain, semi horizontal dropouts, and some new tubes, and BOOM! You are riding! The weirdest thing about this bike is that it has Dura Ace brake levers and brakes on it, which I did not expect. A little bling for a free bicycle. Too much fun on two wheels. Here are some glamor shots...








No comments:

Post a Comment