This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Surly Troll...

Check this new frame out: Surly Troll. I always seem to change my mind about what I would like to build, but this frame seems like a good idea. I am starting to think that this would be the ultimate commuter/tourer/mountain bike. It would also fit into my plan to keep my bike stable down to just a few bikes.

I am thinking about buying this frame, running either Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5s or Schwalbe Big Apple 26x2.35s, and also having it be a pseudo fat bike in the winter since the tire clearance is up to a 26x2.7! It might be interesting to even have a legit fat front, and a 26x2.7 in the rear. As you can tell, this frame has a lot of options.

I am also still thinking about the xtracycle conversion. The Troll would replace that. My only problem is what/how to keep my daughter involved in cycling. The xtracycle conversion would make that pretty easy. I guess trailers are always an option, but I am not sold on them just yet. I would also still like a Big Dummy, but I do not see that happening in the near future. Maybe Surly will read this, and hook me up with a few bikes? Maybe even an old Conundrum mountain unicycle...

No comments:

Post a Comment