This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Bike!




So here is a funny story: Back in 2008, while living in San Diego, I was searching for a new mountain bike. I went to my local bike shop, I forget the name now, and asked if they were planning to get one of the new Haro 29ers, and if not to see if they would bring one in for a test ride. I was going to buy it, but I wanted to see it, and also make sure that it would fit properly. Bike fit is crucial. Anyway, they would only bring one in as long as I would put all of my money down, sight unseen. I decided not to, looked around at other shops, and long story short, could not find a Haro Mary anywhere. That's when I found the 2008 redesigned Gary Fisher Rig, and the rest was history.

Fast forward two years, a cross country move, and two broken Rig frames later, and guess what pops up on the local Craigslist? A 2008 Haro Mary single speed! After a little negotiating, I ended up grabbing this bike for about 60% off of retail! And to top it off, this bike has only been "lightly" ridden three times. I'm still a little surprised and shocked at how clean this bike is.

So I have some big plans for this bike. My other Haro is becoming my cargo bike, but this bike will serve a dual duty. Since I have parted out the Rig, I did keep the wheel set, so now for the Mary I will have a road wheel set, and a mountain wheel set. Two birds with one stone.

I cannot say enough how durable Haro's products are. The Haro V3 that I have had since 2003 has been ridden to hell and back, and is still kicking. Great products, and their pricing is very reasonable. If you are in the market for a new mountain bike, definitely check them out! Now I'm off to do a little tweaking to the new ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment