This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Favorites...

As a beer snob (I like to say connoisseur) people ask what my favorite beer is. That is a hard question to answer. There are so many different types, where do you even begin? Lets just run down the list of my personal favorites.

Favorite Stout:
Stone Russian Imperial Stout. Honorable mention: Sam Smith's Oatmeal stout and Founder's Breakfast stout.
All of these beers are top notch, and it is hard to pick one that stands out from the others. For me, Stones RIS is amazing. 10.5% alcohol, pours dark, dark, dark. Made me sleep walk so my wife tells me. Great beer!
Favorite Pale Ale: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
This beer is my old faithful, standby if you will. This beer was my introduction to craft beers, my first, which I will never forget.
Favorite Lager: Yuengling
Maybe it's because I cannot get this beer in Ohio, but every time I have the chance, I buy a case of this. This beer is what Budweiser wishes to be. Makes me think of camping.
Favorite IPA: Mt. Carmel India Pale Ale. Honorable mention: Sierra Nevada Torpedo
This beer is still somewhat new to me, and it is local, which means that I am saving the planet by drinking a local beer. What a bonus!
Favorite Seasonal brew: Pyramid Snow Cap. Honorable mention: Sierra Nevada Celebration ale, Mt. Carmel winter ale
Snow cap is called a winter warmer, which it definitely warms up the soul.
Favorite Barley wine: Rogue Old Crustacean. Honorable mention: Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
I haven't had this beer in a year or so, but it is on the to do list. I plan on buying a few bottles, and putting some back for years to come.

So that's all that I care to write a little about today, but there are more. More favorites. Like Tecate in a can, best beach beer. Or Gulden Draak, best Belgian beer. And yeah, most of these categories had a beer from Sierra Nevada. I like that company, just my opinion. With some many beers out there, it is hard to pick just one to stick with. And this is just the tip of the iceberg, the vast majority I have not even had yet! Oh so little time, so many beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment