This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

We will start with beer:
The Good:
Troegenator. Fantastic beer. I had the pleasure of being in the D.C. area a few weeks ago, more on that later, and had the chance to try this wonderful brew from the tap. Such a malty nectar. This is definitely on my top 5 list of favorite beers.
Yuengling. Since I was in the D.C. area already, some of this beer made the journey back to Ohio with me since its not available here. It only makes sense, the oldest brewery in the states has it figured out.
The Bad:
Sam Adams Noble Pilsner. Not good at all. I did give it a couple tries though. Once on tap, and once from the bottle. To me, it tastes like a watered down version of their Imperial Pilsner. This was a little bit of a disappointment.
The Ugly:
Two different mountain bike rides in muddy conditions. One here in Ohio and one in the D.C. area. Both were a blast! At one point in D.C., the mud and muck was so think that the tires stopped rotating! Now before anyone starts to complain or start quoting IMBA trail rules, this was not pristine wilderness. This trail was located underneath a power line. I do think also, that here on the East coast we are a little too whiny when it comes to muddy conditions. I will step down from my soapbox. It was ugly, but it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment