This site has moved to Wordpress... click here to go to www.outsidecincy.com

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Killer Penguin....



Rarely does this blog ever get the chance to cover two topics at once, but today is the day. Enter Boulder Beer Company's Killer Penguin Barleywine. It is only fitting that I work with penguins. Hence the 2 birds with one stone. Beer and birds. The name of this blog. I digress.

Again, enter the Killer Penguin. Boulder Beer made an interesting beer with this one. For a barleywine, it is very mellow. I wouldn't go as far to call it bland, but the flavors are very subtle. There is a good fruit flavor, with a hint of hops, but this beer goes down very, very easy. I think I could get into trouble with this beer, as easy as it is to drink. Did I mention it is 10% ABV? Yeah, a few of these and things start to look different.





Again, this beer is easy to drink, and I would guess that in a year or two that it would be amazing. That said, I am planning on picking up a couple more bottles to cellar for the long term, just to compare. It is no Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, Rogue Old Crustacean, or even Stone Old Guardian, but it is way smoother than and easier to drink than all of the other barleywines that I have had. In a couple years, we shall see how killer this penguin can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment